The Rewa team went for Nubra field trip on 29th of June 2016. Part of the team were PT Karolin, OT Andrea and Norbu, supervisor of Rewa Society. 1st day our team moved from Leh to Sumoor village there we have two patients.
1. first patient namely T. D., 37 years old. Andrea and Karoline treated him and Norbu assisted them in translation and other form. He has improved a lot and especially after getting the tricycle motorbike he is now independent for his transportation and is very happy about the same.
2. patient namely T. G., he is 14 years old and he was not at home, has gone to his grandfather house, which was far.
3. patient namely D. A., 17 years old. Andrea and Karoline treated her and Norbu assisted them in translation and in other ways. She is going to school in the higher secondary in Diskit and is in 9th standard, and she had problem wearing the regular uniform shoes. Regarding the same Rewa team met the Principal and got the permission from the principal so that instead of her regular shoe, she could wear the special shoe for the school.
4. patient namely J., 4 years old, Andrea and Karoline treated him and Norbu assisted them in translation and other form and he has improved a lot compared to last year and on 15th July they will come to Leh and will stay almost a month so that he could come to the Rewa centre for therapy.
Next day we been to Bogdang, there we have three patients
5. patient namely S. A., he is in 5th standard and is doing well and parents are happy about his improvement. Andrea and Karoline treated him and Norbu assisted them in translation and other form.
6. patient namely Ali Brother: Small A.- Had a history of falling few months before and was taken to hospital and got plaster and presently he has problem in walking and Rewa team advised the parents to get him to Leh centre for regular Physiotherapy.
7. patient namely S. K..He was not in the school, has gone to his home which is very far and there is no motorable road and one has to hike for more than 2 hours.
Report by Thinles Norbu Supervisor Rewa Ladakh.